Saturday, November 26, 2016

Christmas Countdown DIY

Now that Thanksgiving has passed...let the count down to Christmas begin!! From here on out I am in full on Christmas mode (even though I have been in the holiday state of mind since Halloween). I just love all the decorations and the warm, cozy feeling that this season brings. As a kid, I always loved waking up each morning during the month of December and getting to open another door on my advent calendar as Christmas day got closer and closer. This year, I'm taking on a slightly different approach to an advent calendar and decided to make one myself! This advent calendar is so easy and fun to make, so cue the Michael Bublé Christmas music, and lets get started!!
Here's what you will need:
- Printable number template (I downloaded my numbers from Simple As That Blog, which I found on Pinterest.)
- Scissors
- Thumbtacks (I used these adorable gold bow tacks from Michael's Craft Store!)
- A pen
- A bulletin board (I bought this framed, burlap bulletin board at Homegoods, which I use above my desk. I simply removed everything from it and will use it temporarily for the advent calendar!)
- Adhesive letters (My glittery gold letters are from Target)
1) The first step is to print and cut out all of the number tags.
2) The second step is where this calendar becomes a bit unconventional compared to your typical surprised filled advent calendars you buy in stores. After you have cut out all of your number tags, flip them all over and randomly select one at a time. On each tag, write in a fun Christmas activity for you and your friends and family to do together. This calendar will be a source of inspiration for you to find different ways to spread Christmas cheer throughout the month! Take a look below at a few of the activities I wrote on mine for examples of what you can write!
3) Once all of the tags have been written on, lay your bulletin board flat and arrange the numbers as you wish, leaving a bit of room at the top of the board so you can add a heading to the calendar with the glittery adhesive letters.
4) Next, take your tacks and simply pin the tags into place. Once they are all pinned down, peel and stick your adhesive letters to the board.
5) I propped my advent calendar up along side a mini Christmas tree and reindeer decoration to add a little more festiveness to the display! You can also hang ornaments off the corners of the board, like this sparkly snowflake!
And that's it! So easy and so cute!! I love this DIY calendar because it focuses on the spirit of the season and will help you bring your loved ones together and create memories. Each day, remember to remove the tack, flip the tag around and re-pin the tag to the board. Before you know it, your board will be covered in inspiration for fun Christmas activities (and you will be one busy bee)!!
Add caption

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished

//