Monday, January 14, 2019

Easy Zucchini Muffins (Vegan)


One of my new years resolutions is to up my baking game. Let me tell you, these muffins definitely helped me get off to a great start, the reason being that I had never baked anything that was vegan before. For the record, I am not a vegan. However, my roommate has made the change to go vegan so when I got the urge to try a new recipe, I thought I would bake something that the both of us could enjoy! I got this recipe from  Fraîche Nutrition blog. The blog's founder and content creator, Tori, has one of my favorite instagram accounts to follow and her blog is one of my go-to inspiration sources when it comes to trying new recipes, especially now for more vegan friendly options. You can find the full recipe for these muffins (or you can make it as a bread loaf)  here

This recipe was so much easier than I thought baking vegan would be. The main difference is that you substitute using regular eggs with ground flax seed and use extra virgin olive oil as a healthier fat alternative to butter. I'm usually more partial to traditional eggs and butter recipes when it comes to baking, but I would never know these muffins were vegan if I wasn't the one who made them. They are so moist and fluffy, not to mention delicious! Plus, as Tori mentions in her post, you get all the benefits of the heart healthy qualities that the flax seed provides, making these a super healthy treat! 

Make sure you check out Fraîche Nutrition for the full recipe along with so many other delicious looking options. I will definitely be trying out some more soon and will report back to you. Let me know if you make these muffins and how you like them! 

Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished

//